November 1, 2011

The Halloween Haunt

We interrupt this regularly scheduled DIY blog for a little Halloween Party action.  We weren't sure what kind of traffic we'd get in the new neighborhood, so we invited a bunch of our friends and their kids over for a little Trick or Treat.  Speaking of treats...

This is just a small portion of the spread, since I was too busy filling my face to take a photo of the apps once they came out of the oven.  I'd like to take this opportunity to personally thank Nutmeg Nanny, the inventor of the Honeycrisp Sangria.  I love you.



And this amazing Pumpkin Dip from Carolina Charm was the hit of the party.   I could (and will) eat spoonfuls of it for breakfast.


And these Pumpkin Spice Latte Cupcakes were as good as they look.  Basically I planned this whole party around wanting to make these.

If you hadn't noticed yet, this whole party was an excuse to eat amazing food that I've been dying to make.  Well... that and a chance for our little super hero to show off his costume.  Here's Jay and Ry's pumpkins that they carved the night before.


Ryder wanted one "happy one" and one "scary one."  I think the Hubs took it a bit over the top with the scary... I'm just sayin'.

Batman wasn't scared though. He was ready for action.



The only non-blurry photo we have.
Hope you all had a Happy Halloween!

No comments:

Post a Comment