August 31, 2011

My New Obsession- Organization

With the recent organizational updates to the Master Bathroom, I have gained a little more momentum in the "This is a Bathroom a TV Show created for us and isn't quite done yet" battle to "This is my Master Bathroom."  The next place I wanted to tackle was the cupboard right next to our sink where we plan to store all our toiletries. 



It's come a long way so far.  Remember when it used to look like this?



And then like this;


Now that all the doors are on and fit right, it was time to make the insides more useful.  This big empty cupboard wasn't doing much for us.


So I started by measuring a few of the items we would put in this cupboard, (i.e. a basket full of various toiletries, our big bottle of mouthwash, toothbrushes, etc...)  Then I measured for a shelf that would allow the bigger items to fit underneath it.  Unfortunately this time around I didn't have the sweet adjustable shelf template from Rockwell that I borrowed from Builder Chuck for my Family Room built-ins project, and I can't seem to find it in stores anywhere!  So once I head an appropriate height, I measured for just four holes and used a 3/8" drill bit to drill just a shallow hole to allow my shelf spoons to sit in. 


Miracle of all miracles, I actually made them even and level, so my shelf sat perfectly flat.


What's that silver bracket mounted to the side wall of the top shelf you say?  Well Bath Crashers  left behind a bunch of random bathroom hardware, and we thought this little toothbrush holder would be the perfect spot to store our brushes.  And by 'perfect' I mean better than laying in the bottom of the drawers like we've done up until now.


So not a ton happening there, but it's the little things that start to make a space feel like your home.  I still have a bunch of storage space left here too, which is nice to know we have a little more room so grow. 

How about you guys?  Any major organizational updates in your home lately?  Minor ones?  We still have a couple of chaos spaces that to be addressed like some kitchen cupboards we just dumped stuff in after the move, or the storage closet that's a little crazy.  It's only been four months though, so don't give up on me just yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment