October 22, 2013

Screened In Porch Sprucing

In the autumn there is nothing like sitting out on the screened in porch in the mornings with a cup of coffee and a throw blanket.  Pure. Bliss.  So it was about time that I returned a little of the love this room was giving me and spruced it up a bit.  Here's where we started with the outdoor sectional I built and the Ikea coffee table:

 
Here's the in progress:



The repainted coffee table brings a fun pop of color to the space.  The natural fiber rug (which we purchased awhile back from Ikea) definitely didn't work well in the Dining Room, but it works perfectly out here to warm up the space.  I still plan to paint/stain the floor and wood framing of this room, but for now the rug helps a lot.


Did you catch that new fancy end table of mine?  As you may recall it started as this:


And eventually my year long project finally got to this:


And after about 5 coats of spar varathane left over from my build a double longer project, it looks like this:


 My Dad said that for a moment upon first glance he thought this table of mine was inappropriate- way to keep it classy Dad! But he's right, and we now refer to it as "The Butt Table."  I personally think every home should have one.

I picked up a few new pillows to compliment the new coffee table color, and I love how much more interesting they make the space.  It's the little things...


I'm not sure if I've shown you before, but I love the ceiling of this room, and we didn't have to do a second of work to achieve it.  Somehow this beautiful tin ceiling and rustic/industrial lamp were co-existing in the same home with the rain shower bath tub mural and indoor planters filled with rocks.  


 So it's not yet done, (is a room ever really done?), but it sure is perfect for a Minnesota autumn day.  Eventually, in addition to staining the wood I'm thinking of adding some outdoor curtains to soften the place up a bit. 

There I go again-- do you all notice that I can't ever end a post with "Horray- I'm happy with the progress?"  Instead I'm always ending with, "Here's a list of things I still need to do..."  I'm sick my friends.  For today, let's just end this with cheers to a cozy place to relax! 






1 comment:

  1. I really adore your house and your style! Keep up the amazing blog posts!

    ReplyDelete