September 28, 2011

Return to RyderLand

Yesterday we installed this brand new, custom built ladder and slide that my Dad built for Ryder. 

The next day, I decided that it was time to spruce up the joint and make it look more like a kid's play area, and less like a dirty little hole in our yard.  We started by painting the new ladder and wooden part of the slide with left over exterior house paint, the same stuff that my Dad used to paint the climbing wall that he built.  Since I'm a glutton for punishment I want Ry to feel included on making our new house a home, I let him help me paint again.  Chaotic, but fun.

Attempting to set the camera on our little red slide to take a timed photo. 

We pulled out the large cardboard box left over from our Ikea wood counter tops to protect the ground.

When the paint was dry, it was time to pull out the leaf and lawn vac to clean up the space.  Here's the dirty before:



And the nice and clean after:



Now all I need to do is work on that swing I installed that's made for a 7 foot child:


More on that tomorrow.  Secrest out.

No comments:

Post a Comment