November 18, 2011

As long as I'm being honest...

Last week I shared with you the disaster that was my garage.  Usually I'd be ashamed to out myself and my hoarder tendencies to a large group, but it was surprisingly liberating.  Yeah, someone could have hid a dead body in my garage and it would have taken us months to notice, but you all still love me.  That or reading about our disaster makes you feel a little bit better about your own life.  If that's the case, then you are going to love this.

Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you the workout room.


 Yikes.  Maybe this is more embarrassing than I thought.  Here's the deal, this room started when we moved in as the place we threw our boxes once they got unpacked.  Then as the boxes hit the dumpster, it became the place where decor that hadn't found a home yet lived.  And a little storage... And then the worse it got, the less we cared.  Until it became this.

It wasn't really a problem though, really.  It was hot outside, so I spent most of my work out time running outside, and the Hubs would lift weights at the gym so Ry could spend a little time with the daycare friends he loves there.  But now that the weather is turning, and it gets dark outside by 5PM, I've really been missing the treadmill in our home.

First things first, we had to give this room light.  Part of the problem was that this room came to us with this strange light fixture.  Unfortunately I didn't get a photo of the ugly boob glass dome that went over it, but here's a shot of the light sockets.  Try as we might, we couldn't find any light bulbs that would fit this fixture.  Not at any big box store, not at the small ones either. 



So we did a little zero dollar DIY, and switched it out with this fixture that we removed from the eat in kitchen.

It was a quick switch, just shut off the power, unhooked the old one, reattached the new one the same way and fliped the power back on.  Luckily I had to clean a little path in order to get the light up.



And now that we can see what we're doing, we're going to make some big progress on this room.  Hopefully we'll have a lot to share with you after the weekend, and I can loose a little of the shame of this room.

How about you guys?  Any big plans this weekend?  Any DIY?  Seriously, I love hearing about your projects, it makes me feel like I'm amongst my people.  So lay it on me- let's chat projects.

No comments:

Post a Comment