It's not that we don't have a bed, in fact, I built this bed frame back in The Bungalow thanks to another Ana-White design.
It's a little tough to see in the photo here, but this is Ana's take on the chunky wood bed frame from West Elm. Paired with my golden oak furniture and traditional headboard this guy didn't really live up to its potential, but I had a Phase 1 and Phase 2 plan from the beginning.
Phase 1- Build the frame and stain it to match my current furniture so that The Bungalow is staged and shows well.
Phase 2- Re-stain bed frame to much darker color and pair it with new modern headboard to live in our new modern Master Bedroom.
What I wasn't planning on was Phase 1.5- leave bed frame stashed in the garage for months rendering it unless.
![]() |
| Photo of our garage the day after Bath Crashers. |
Time to finally right our situation. Luckily I was smart enough not to apply polyurethane to my Phase 1 finish, so I just had to dust off the big guy and give it a light sanding.
Then I applied the left over stain from Bath Crashers so that my "new" Master Bedroom Furniture would match the built in closets in the Master Bathroom exactly.
As with most dark stains, this was going to take a couple of coats. The good thing is that I was staining to a darker color, so the golden oak below disappeared pretty easily. I simply brushed on the stain, let it sit for 15 minutes, and then wiped off the excess with a rag. Let dry, repeat. At coat number 2 I realized that I was out of plastic gloves, so I got a little ghetto resourceful.
| Yes, that's my hand in a plastic bag holding a rag to wipe off my stain. You call it strange, I call it recycling. |
Next I applied 2 thin coats of polyurethane using these tricks. And now, we have FINALLY moved upstairs and have this:
Don't you hate when you look at "after" photos and only see more projects? First, I'm going to need to adjust that bed frame so that the box spring can sit down lower and only the mattress will be visible.
Then I also need to try to break up all that blue on blue action. I'm thinking:
-Make a new modern headboard
-Build 2 night stands on which we can place 2 shiny lamps.
-Potentially stencil some understated, geometric pattern on the wall behind the bed.
-Hang a mirror, and/or pictures, and/or shelves above the bed.
But there I go again... one project at a time. Anyone else ever try to build a bed? Anyone try any Ana White creations lately? I love how easy she makes it, and how people don't realize how cheap and easy it can be when you show them your handy work. (Unless you broadcast it on a blog... fail.)




Erin, if you don't want to adjust the height of the box spring, you could consider using a fitted sheet for an extra pop of color. Something along the lines of this: http://pinterest.com/pin/35894193/
ReplyDelete-Betsey
that's a genius idea. Off to Ikea I go... :)
ReplyDeleteThis post really spoke to me! We’ve been in a similar situation with using a guest room that just isn’t cutting it anymore. Poor circulation is such a pain, especially in the summer. I love that you finally got to move into your new Main Bedroom—it must feel amazing! The way you reused your old bed frame and updated it with stain is so smart. I’m planning to do something similar and have also been looking at new mattresses. I’ve heard good things about an ortho mattress and might give it a try. My back has been feeling sore lately, and everyone says these mattresses help with better posture and sleep. I can’t wait to see your Phase 2 with the modern headboard and nightstands! You’ve done such a great job bringing everything together, and it’s super motivating to see how you’ve handled each challenge step by step.
ReplyDelete# Baby First Birthday Decorations in Warner Robins for a Special Celebration
ReplyDeleteA baby's first birthday is a wonderful milestone that deserves a memorable celebration. It is an opportunity for parents, family members, and friends to come together and celebrate the baby's first year of life. Beautiful decorations can make the occasion feel even more special and create a cheerful environment for everyone. **Baby First Birthday Decorations in Warner Robins** can include colorful balloons, themed backdrops, personalized signs, table decorations, and creative displays designed to make the celebration attractive and enjoyable.
## 1. Choose the Perfect First Birthday Theme
Selecting a theme is an important part of planning a first birthday celebration. Parents can choose from many ideas, including animals, teddy bears, cartoons, clouds, stars, flowers, safari themes, or simple pastel designs. The selected theme can guide the colors and decorative elements used throughout the venue. A coordinated theme can make the party look organized and create a beautiful setting for photographs.
## 2. Create a Colorful Balloon Display
Balloons are a popular choice for first birthday celebrations because they can quickly transform a party space. Balloon arches, garlands, columns, and clusters can be created using colors that match the chosen theme. Number balloons featuring the baby's age can also become an attractive focal point. Combining balloons of different sizes can create a fun and modern appearance while adding more visual interest to the venue.
## 3. Design a Beautiful Birthday Backdrop
A customized backdrop can become one of the main features of a first birthday party. It can include the baby's name, age, birthday message, themed graphics, balloons, flowers, or other decorative elements. A backdrop placed behind the cake table can create a beautiful focal point and provide an excellent location for family photographs. Personalized details can make the decoration feel unique to the birthday child.
## 4. Decorate Tables and Party Areas
Table decorations can complete the overall appearance of a first birthday celebration. The cake table, dessert table, gift area, and guest tables can be decorated to match the main theme. Coordinated tablecloths, centerpieces, banners, small balloon arrangements, and themed accessories can add extra detail to the venue. Keeping the colors and decorative elements consistent can create a polished and welcoming party environment.
## 5. Plan a Memorable First Birthday
Planning the decorations ahead of time can make the celebration easier to organize. Consider the venue size, number of guests, theme, color palette, available space, and budget before selecting the decorations. If you are searching for **Baby First Birthday Decorations in Warner Robins**, professional decoration services can help create a setup that matches your vision and makes the celebration feel extra special.
A first birthday is filled with meaningful moments, so creating a comfortable and attractive environment can make the day even more enjoyable. Decorations can be arranged to provide enough space for guests while highlighting important areas such as the cake table, entrance, gift table, and photo area.
Whether you prefer a colorful children's theme or an elegant and simple design, there are many ways to decorate a first birthday party. Personalized balloons, themed backdrops, number displays, and coordinated table decorations can all contribute to a beautiful celebration.
With thoughtful planning and creative decoration ideas, **Baby First Birthday Decorations in Warner Robins** can help transform an ordinary venue into a cheerful celebration space. The right combination of colors, balloons, backdrops, and personalized details can create wonderful photographs and lasting memories for parents, family members, and guests. Most importantly, a beautifully decorated first birthday provides the perfect setting to celebrate this special milestone with the people who matter most.