August 19, 2011

Wine Bar Dreaming

Nearly everyday I ascend the steps into our basement, and get all cranky by the large, built in china hutch in our Family Room.  I mean- who keeps china in their Family Room?  Two stories down from the Dining Room? 

Inspection day photo, with the mirror & scalloped trim in all its glory

Inspection day photo, view from the other side. (I know you're jealous of my cat door, but you can't have it.)
The truth is though, right now I'm in a little over my head with way more than one project at a time.  I'm currently working on projects for the Master Bedroom, the Master Bathroom, the Dining Room, the Laundry Room and the Playroom.  Yes, all at the same time.  My name is Erin and I am addicted to DIY.

So instead, I thought I'd leave you with a little wine bar dreaming with some examples that I found on how I can retrofit this strange and out of place cabinet into a beautiful wine bar.

My layout inspiration from Room and Board. (Oh how I love thee!) 

My color inspiration from Ballard Designs, c/o Just a Touch of Gray.  Thanks for the eye candy Rachel!  P.S. I just recently discovered Ballard Designs and I am becoming a huge fan.  They have some beautiful, high end items, but also a lot of fun, lower priced, modern items.  I can't wait to show you the rug I just ordered from there when it arrives!  

More color inspiration from Greige Design

And some DIY color fantastico from Running with Scissors.

I'll keep dreaming on that one for awhile until I can finish up some of the projects that I've started, and in the mean time I'll just keep cursing the hutch, and the cat door like a crotchety old man on a daily basis. 

No comments:

Post a Comment